Traumatic Brain Injuries or Concussions
Brain injuries and concussions can lead to a variety of vision problems, affecting the skills and structures needed to read and even stay balanced.
The symptoms include:
- Words running into each other
- Trouble with scanning aisles when shopping
- Harder to focus for reading or on the computer
- Double vision
- Light sensitivity
- Unable to tolerate busy backgrounds such as grocery stores
- Poor balance or coordination
- Poor memory
- Poor attention
If you have a suffered a concussion or a whiplash, and have these symptoms, please book a vision therapy exam with our optometrist to help you recover any visual abilities you might have lost.