Tips for Better Night Driving:
As it gets darker faster at night, it’s good to make sure that you are seeing clear, comfortably, and consistently for driving.
Make sure that,
1. Your glasses prescriptions are up to date for driving on the road.
2. The lens coating is not coming off or scratched, get better lens coating if it comes off easily.
3. If your vision is blurry after doing long hours of near work, it may be due to computer vision fatigue. It’s good to get updated prescription for distance and near separately, and have a pair of specially designed anti-fatigue lenses to have consistent and clear vision after work.
4. Update your contact lenses if the contact lenses are not as clear at the end of the day.
5. Check to make sure that dry eyes are not making your vision inconsistent.
Stay safe, strong and be well!
Dr. Yan Ling Liang, OD